Friday, February 1, 2008

Hello Old Friends!!!!!


I feel like I have been gone forever! There has been so much happening in my life lately. I appologize for leaving everyone hanging and not being a good blogger! So please let me explaine my absence from the blogworld. I have very exciting changes coming! After much pray and discussion with Richard I have decided to make a job change, if you read my post in August you already know how near and dear the schools are to my heart. I have worked for WCBE approximately 10 years 8 of those years were spent in our schools, the last 2 1/2 years I have worked at Central Office as an assistant Bookkeeper, there is much responsibility that goes along with this positition ( 11 schools to be specific) the stresses of the job coupled with my desire to be a part of one school lead to my decision. I have so missed being a part of a school. So the opportunity presented itself earlier this month. There was an opening at Bobby Ray Elementary School. I decided to go for it! Life is all about change. I can't say enought about the feeling I had walking into this school. I felt at home, and I truly felt that I was making the decision to follow my calling. God puts each of us on this earth, with a purpose, I am so thankful to be able to follow my heart and truly do what I love. Now don't get me wrong, I am a bookkeeper and this postition will be somewhat different, it is clerical and I hope it provides me with the contintment that I have been longing for, if I need more I know that God will provide. So now I ask for your prayers for me, as I change direction and take this u-turn in my life.

There are several perks that go along with working in a school (summer break, spring break, fall break) being a wife and mother I know the importance of extra time with my family, it is priceless. The rewards of being a part of a child's education is priceless, to whatever capicity you fill that role.

So friends I appologize for being slack in posting, I have spent the last two weeks with my family making this decision. I tried very hard to direct my focus on this issue, along with caring for my family's daily needs. Thank you for your emails, concern and love.

Hopefully my life will get back to normal and I will be posting as usual. Much love to you and your family....have a wonderful weekend.....

I can't leave without this acknowledgement. I was surprised to learn that Kat had tagged me for a meme. I will attempt to play along, sorry Kat about the late response!!! I will be posting my meme very soon........

7 comments:

Myrna said...

Hi! I came over from Holly's blog. I'm her MIL.
I just have to comment because I understand completely your need to be in a school. I'm a retired educator. I retired two years ago from an elementary principal position in Nashville.

There is NO PLACE like an elementary school! It is a challenge most days and some days you want to pull your hair out over one thing or another. But, there is no sweeter place on earth than being with young children and helping them grow and learn.

I pray you find the contentment you are searching and that you will know without a doubt you have made the right decision--for your family and for the children at Bobby Ray.

Unknown said...

YAY! I'm so glad you are back. And it was no nice to run into you yesterday, I've missed you!

Danielle said...

Steve told me about your new position the other day.He said you look so relieved. I think you made a wonderful decision and will be happy at your new position.

Come visit us when you get a chance!
Love,
Danielle

Alison Cummins said...

I am so glad that you have made this decision! After you being at Morrison this summer, I know that is where your heart is. Mrs. Beverly Ramsey is the absolute best!! You will do great! Hugs!

Jess said...

sheila..congrats. you will do great!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the new job. I think you'll love it. Good to hear from you. I haven't been on too much except 3 posts the other day. :)

Brianna Cooke said...

Sheila, I just want you to know that you mean alot to me. Before we found the loves of our lives, we went thru alot together. After Christmas when I seen you at WalMart, it hurt me to see you so unhappy with your job. I want you to know that I am so happy for you. I truly know how much you love the kids and I wish you all of the happiness in your new adventure. I want you to know that I truly think that you made the right decision. In my opinion, God has truly blessed you and my prayer is that He will continue to bless you and your family. Y'all are very special to me. I love you very much and the school is truly lucky to have you.