Friday, July 13, 2007

Getting Started (My 1st Post)

The first steps are always the hardest to take. I have been treading the waters lately, checking other people's blogs out. I thought it looked pretty interesting and if you know me I am never at a loss for words. (hee hee) I am hoping to keep in touch with family and friends who are out of state. I never have time to keep them updated on the daily events in our lives. (What mother doesn't LOVE to talk about her family). In a few years I will be an Empty Nester. I don't know how this(blog) will work out, but I am hoping that along the way I will make new friends too.
I work for the local Board Of Education. I am a Bookkeeper (yeah really exciting)!!! hee. hee. I really enjoy my work and I am so thankful for the opportunities God has given me. I have a blessed life. My husband is an Engineer with local phone company and we have two children. Brittney is 19 and our son, Ethan is 17. They are truly the greatest gifts in our lives. I teach ladies bible class on Wed. and Sun at our church. I am a member of Junior Auxiliary of which I am very proud. We are involved in work within our church and my husband teaches the teenage class, my husband is the typical male he loves ESPN and he plays Church League Softball with our son and he loves golf and would like for me to learn to play, I am trying!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We have a wonderful extended family, which you will hear all about a little later on.
As I said before I have a blessed life and God comes 1st in our families lives. We are blessed with many good friends. We love family things and we enjoy being together. We camp (not as much as we would like), boating, vacations at the beach, traveling to new places. We live on our family farm along with my in-laws and my sister-in-law and her family. There is never a dull moment in our homes. We are so proud to be close to our family. I hope that as this grows it will be inspiring to those I come in contact with, as you inspire me. What a wonderful opportunity to uplift and encourage other women. There will be more to come later...
God Bless

No comments: