Saturday, January 14, 2012

Has It Really Been 2 Years!!!!!!

Wow I can't believe it has been 2 plus years since I last posted...If I have anyone who cares to read this blog....I will try to start over....Lots of things have happened in the last two years....
My nephew was in an accident in June 2009 he has a TBI (tramatic brain injury) this keep us busy trying to help him with his recovery...did I mention he was only 3 years old when this happened.  Later that same year, my dear mother passed away. It just seemed that 2009 was a year that I could not handle the blog with all the things I had on my plate to deal with that needed my immediate attention.  Well we went into 2010 with high hope for my nephew, recovering as best we could from loss of my mother and just trying hard to get back on course.  In August one of our biggest surprises came in the form of our daughter and her fiance announcing that they were expecting...This was very unexpected and sorta through us for a spin again.  We very quickly recovered from the shock and started to plan for her arrival and I must say although it was a shock..she has been one of the greatest surprises to happen in our lives and she has been the greatest blessing other than our children.  So April 1st of 2010 we welcomed our sweet Isabella (she was late, due March 27) but she came on her own terms and as if to say...the joke was on us....The wedding was the next thing on the agenda...We were planning a October wedding at Beach!!!  October 22, 2011 we gained a son...There were about 75 people in attendance and we watched our daughter get her "happily ever after" Our son is doing well living in Murfreesboro with daughther and her husband.  he is  not going to school at moment but working and trying to figure out his next step.  We are so blessed the last 2 plus years have held moments of worry, concern, heartbreak, shock, joy, and tears of happiness and saddness...we have survived...and we are stronger from our trials and God was in control the whole time...So I hope to continue this blog...especially since I have a sweet little one to pass it on too....and if she is the only one who reads this then I pray that she is pleased and knows me a little better.  God Bless until next time!!!

2 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

Welcome back sweet friend! I've missed you here.

Hugs,
Kat

Sheila said...

Hi Ms.Kat I need some motivation to continue this blog....my NY resolution is to gain more balance in all areas of my life, including my blog (hoping this will help with my journaling also) I truly love the blog more than facebook, but it is hard at times to just set aside the time to post. I hope you and George and Ms. Daisy have a wonderful year ahead. Thank you so very much for being the wonderful friend, blogger, FB buddy who encouraged me several years ago to try my hand at this. Much love and hugs.
Sheila